Wednesday 16 January 2013

The TORONTO skyline
16x20 (aka HUGE)
Stippling w/.25mm ink
45 hours
2012

So I met this man who is a huge-time boss in the financial district in Toronto. He is from New York. He asked me to do a piece for him of the Toronto skyline, and I agreed. And once again, I chose stippling...

This picture basically doesn't do this piece justice. This piece has approximately 750 000 TINY dots, and because of all the detail in Toronto, it took me forever. I estimated 20 hours, and it took me double that time.

Whenever I tried scanning this, or taking photos, it sort of makes 5-7 dots look like one single dot so all the detail and depth is lost, which is upsetting because it looks incredible. A few people saw this and offered me, on the spot, a couple grand.

In person, this is the shit, and it is definitely my motivation to start drawing again.

A man at Blacks suggested that I start a blog with all my pieces, and add to it as I create. So here I go. =)

I hope you like everything!

3 comments:

  1. amazing!

    my tattoo artist actually used this to create an outline for my newest tattoo, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'd like to use this for a one-time cover for our website, not a logo or anything. Please let me know if that'd be OK. Email: experienceentrepreneurship [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I have a bride who would love to use this image on her invitations. Could you please let me know if that would be ok?! Email me: letthemknowdesigns@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete